Leading a meeting or training session in person – no problem! Leading a virtual meeting or training session – a little trickier!
My first introduction to facilitating and leading virtual workshops was when I worked in the telecoms world! Having a geographically dispersed workforce across Canada and internationally resulted in no option but to get creative with the ways in which we communicated. I quickly learned that there were far more nuances of not only preparing for and leading a virtual session, but also ensuring continued participant engagement and interactivity throughout.
Through practice and trial and error, I’ve come to feel comfortable leading sessions virtually and have captured some of the best practices I’ve learned along the way and have since adopted into my virtual meetings and/or training.
|Create a detailed agenda
|Send materials out beforehand (including agenda)
|Complete a dry-run to practice logistics/content
|Test out equipment
|Assign co-facilitators in various locations
|Conduct audio and video check
|Review technology features
|Communicate meeting/training outputs
Don’t be afraid of facilitating a virtual meeting or training session. While it does take exceptional facilitation skills to coordinate, lead and manage a virtual session, it can be run successfully through practice! Adopting some of the above-noted best practices will help set a solid foundation for you to lead a virtual meeting like a pro!
To learn more about our training services, visit: https://upskillconsulting.ca/services/
What can we do to help?
- Conduct preliminary assessment of organizational training needs
- Identify root cause of gaps and pinpoint business opportunity to address gaps
- Develop comprehensive training strategy to include current and future industry/business needs
- Secure management and staff commitment on training strategy, roadmap and initiatives
- Design individualized in-house training programs including face-to-face, virtual and E-learning
- Deliver in-house training programs/sessions/workshops to multiple and respective stakeholders
- Establish mechanisms and tools to evaluate and assess return on investment (ROI) of training
- Design and deliver ‘train the trainer’ sessions with an emphasis on ongoing support/coaching
Some of our popular training sessions and topics include:
- Insights Discovery workshops
- Conflict resolution
- Mentoring and coaching
- Performance feedback
- Career development
- Train the trainer
- Change management
- Facilitation skills
- Unlocking Potential: The 3-2-1 Approach to Transformative Leadership - January 17, 2024
- Elevate Your Business with Effective Performance Management - December 27, 2023
- Navigating the HR Compliance Maze: A Necessity for Business Owners - December 27, 2023